Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Weekend

I had today off (MLK day) and a wonderful weekend as well. Saturday I did have to go to work for a bit, however the fact that I did not have to get dressed up or wake up prior to 6 am made it seem ok. After work, the husband and I went crib shopping and out to a wonderful dinner at our favorite local spot. Getting the crib felt good...it was exciting and made the impending birth our child seem that much more real.

Sunday was spent as usual, food shopping, errand running and spending time doing nothing much. It always feels good to get settled for the week ahead.

And today...well today was a gift. I was able to wash some baby clothes, read, clean, cook a nice meal, and do some "odds and ends" that I have been procrastinating.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend that is soon to be followed by a short (though very, very busy) week.
Enjoy the day!

No comments: