Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Moon at 5:08


Well..it is 5:08 and I am up. I have already made my coffee, emptied the dish washer and am now working on my daily goal of making sure I write!

I finished my 6th book---New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. I read the first book in the Series, Twilight because all of my students were reading it. As an educator I felt I had to read the book if all of my students were. I assumed I would not like the book...a "vampire story" did not sound like my cup of tea. However...I loved the book. It was a very quick read that captured my attention. Additionally, it is a love story, I always adore love stories! Well...again, I typically do not like to read to many books in a row by the same author, but again, my students continue to read the series, so I figure I need to at least attempt to read all four books. New Moon is second in the series. It was a bit slow at first, but I found the second half to be just as exciting, engaging and love story filled as the first book---I am glad I read it, I enjoyed it greatly and am glad I can speak with my students about the book.

And now...I need to finish checking my email before my morning walk. I can not wait for it to be light out in the morning!
Enjoy the day!

No comments: