Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I am not great at making resolutions---however this year I have tried to make a few that I will stick to with diligence.
1. Complain less. I do not necessarily complain a lot, however I know that except for times when a good "vent" is needed, no one likes to hear complaining.
2. Think of what I am thankful for every morning...what a better way to start the day (and hopefully propel me out of bed when I am feeling like I would rather just stay asleep forever).
3. Read/write more. I am going to try to read for a few minutes before bed (this should be tricky once baby arrives, but again, I shall try) and hopefully this blog will help with my writing.

In all, I had a great New Years, I went out for dinner with my loving husband and friends, was home by 11:00, watched the ball drop and was in bed by 12:05---perfect in my world! The husband and I spent New Years day together...we slept in (something we never do, then went out for lunch and finished our baby registry. I made a nice dinner (lentil soup, supposed to be lucky for the new year)and grilled cheese and was in bed and reading by 9:30.

I am so thankful.

No comments: