Friday, January 2, 2009

Pride and Prejudice.....mostly pride

I finished my first book of 2009 and am very proud of myself. The book, Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice was phenomenal. It did take me a bit to get into it, getting accustomed to the writing and language took some re-reading, however I fell in-love with the characters as I began to get tangled into plot. I found myself rooting for Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth and wondering how I myself would have fared in such a patriotic society. I am sure I have seen the movie in the past, but as always, the book was much better than film could ever depict.

Since I finished my first book, I decided to treat myself to a few others at Barnes and Nobles. I got a gift card for Christmas and it certainly went to good use!

All in all, a very good day. Monday starts back to the grind..students and staff will all be returning to my building---the calm has been nice but I crave routine and am looking forward to the predictable (did I just say that) chaos of the job I love.

No comments: